Infomercial review: Ninja kitchen system
Alright, my fiancee and I didn't conclude out of the blues that I'm gullible. I tend to watch infomercials and actually go and buy them to try them out.
Hey come on, its a great idea, look at what you COULD do with it that you didn't even want to do before. And the price is pretty good compared to the combined prices of tools you'd need to get to perform the same set of tasks. And they're slashing the price down by half. And if you call now, they DOUBLE the offer. And wait, they will also throw in this barely related piece in the deal... BUY IT NOW.
That routine got me way too many times. Let's start reviewing the Ninja (150$)
Awesome things you could do with it:
- make pizza
- ice cream
- relatively inexpensive: 150$
- very powerful
- triple blade, can't really beat that when you have long items like carrots that may not blend using one blade
- nice locking system: you'll know what I mean if you see one at walmart, feels very secure and wont shake all over the place while you're blending at full power
- the SQUARE footprint of the pitcher!!!! who designed that???? why??? I'm not even going to point our other bad points (ok, quickly, i can make pizza manually in the same time, ice cream doesnt really work as advertised, smoothies need a lot of water).
The square footprint makes a lot of things fail,
- if you try to make a drier smoothie, all the chunks of fruits will get stuck in the corners and will not blend.
- if you try to make dough, some flour will remain in the corners... the dough proportions then wont work unless you stop the machine, and go scrape out the corners before continuing.
- same problem, ice cream is not going to work unless you put a lot of liquids, but then, its not really ice cream! and if you follow the recipe and put enough water to not get stuck in the corners, its more like a slushie.
sigh. well, its still good for soups, but i could have done that with any blenders.
It seems lots of Ninja models are actually circular footprints, so i really wonder why they main one is square footprint.
I'd recommend somebody try the other ninja models that have circular footprint and tell us about it.